Project Manager - Remote
Job ID: 479375
Ash Grove Cement, a CRH company, provides portland and masonry cements to help build the foundation and infrastructure for the world around us. We ship millions of tons of cement from our plants and network of terminals located across the Midwest, Texas and Western United States. When you work for Ash Grove, you are connecting to something bigger. Join our team and help Ash Grove build America.
Oversee and contribute to relevant capital projects within the company. Refers to Capex Team organisation as a team member of the specific project, and applies procedures as needed within the specific scope of work (SOW). May travel to various Ash Grove Cement locations as needed, up to 50% to successfully manage projects.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Promote and follow all aspects of safety guidelines (CRH safety 16 live Savings Rules) and participate in meetings as required.
- Lead the project from the concept design to the feasibility phase up to the execution, following the project life cycle, and is responsible to maintain updated the company project life cycle tool.
- Develop the project’s budget, schedules, milestones pre-established contracts, and work quality in collaboration with the other discipline of the project CAPEX organization.
- Responsible for project site safety and environmental compliance. Works with assigned home office /site office HSE professionals and assures that assigned contractors for projects conform to required health and safety procedures and practices, with a focus on risk assessment.
- Is present on-site and performs field supervision at the location for extended periods of time managing the site construction team up to commissioning and start-up.
- Work closely with the CAPEX project team to maintain and update an overall project schedule and the project progress utilizing the S-curve methods.
- Show critical path items and anticipate problematic issues.
- Responsible to foresee typical issues surrounding schedules, construction, and impact project costs.
- Interact with contractors and the Plant operation project management regarding regular project risk evaluation and monitoring. Verify compliance with the contracted and allocated resources by the contractors.
- Control deliverables and receiving with the support of the responsible Project CAPEX management.
- Keep construction records as defined in the contracts with vendors and contractors.
- Cooperate and provide input to and with the assigned project scheduler, based on the information and input from the involved contractors.
- Participate in regular meetings and follow up on compliance by the contractors with the detailed project schedule and work plan.
- Assess project progress and productivity/performance to identify areas for improvement and continuity of construction progress; have contractors initiate adjustments as needed.
- keep updating the daily construction report and is in charge to develop the monthly project progress report, to be presented to the Project Capex team and to the Executive/Steering Committee
- Receive and review relevant project and cost reports in order to initiate, if required, corrective action with the assigned contractor to meet the budget and schedule.
- Support management of contracts with vendors, suppliers, and contractors, and track schedule dates of expected deliverables to sustain continuity of the construction progress.
- Utilize demonstrated best industry practices, techniques, and standards throughout the project execution.
- Performs other job duties as designated by management.
- Proficient in English written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write and understand warning labels, instructions, signs, etc. in English required.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple projects.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- 2 or more years of experience in managing projects in heavy construction and/or process industry.
Licenses and Certifications
- PMP (Preferred)
- Professional Engineer (PE) (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, mining, or related discipline.
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Ash Grove Cement is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.